Thursday 16 August 2012

The Fantastic Four +1 go to the Steam Gathering:

An Extract from Tales from the Front Line of Pickering Traction Engine Rally

By Lilian Blot

“Spoiled by the choice of subject available to us we started all from the same point, about ten meters from where we had our coffee and went on our more or less separated way following our inspiration. I wasn’t sure what I should go for and so start shouting until I find a subject of interest, it a kind of mental warm-up. After a while I came to the conclusion it should be square (what a surprise) to be used in a diptych or anything that finishes in “tych”.

Once the subject was found, wheels details of steam tractors, I moved from engine to engine keeping my eyes open for any photographic opportunities. I came across the other four chatting with one of the steam engine owner. It must be somehow intimidating to have four cameras pointing at you at the same time, so in my infinite kindness I decided to make it five. After a short shooting session under the direction of Mr Bell, I went off shooting more wheels like a possessed man. “

To be continued!

Read Lilian’s full, fascinating story of his trip to Pickering in Articles from the Home Page of the DPS website. If you know him, Lilian’s delightful French accent will come sparkling through. As always, placing your cursor over any image will reveal the caption.

20120804-Pickering Steam Weekend-032. Ian Stafford

WHICH WAY. Neil Maughan A RUN IN THE RAIN. Stephen Bell Everything Stops for Tea. Tony Griffiths 

                l'ambassadeur français avec un parasol élégant pickeringSteamFair2012-1 Lilian Blot pickeringSteamFair2012-2b. Lilian Blot

No comments:

Post a Comment