Monday 14 December 2009

Report of the President December 09

We are rounding the year off with a group of International Competition images. I have found these to be very fascinating. There do seem to be trends in the content of the images that gain success. I suppose it could be argued that the art of doing well in these events is to get in early on the next trend. So what will replace the Whitby Goths and the World War II re-enactments.
I did enjoy the Valente Cup results night. David Richardson was an excellent judge and we gave him a very difficult task. I felt that there were some really excellent sets of images which did not even figure in the lower placings. Well done to a very worthy winner.
It is with a certain amount of sadness that I sign of this, my last Report. It has been a great honour to be President and I would like to thank all of the committee for their sterling efforts over the past two years, years which have we have seen an undoubted surge forward from an already high standard. I feel that this is no small way due to the enthusiasm which you all have shown and the way you have committed time and energy to the development of the Society and of photography in Durham. My sincere thanks to you all.
Alan Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment