Sunday 18 October 2009

Report of the President October 09

I must begin by expressing sincere thanks to David for standing in for me when I was unable to attend on the 3rd of this month..
Over the last month we have been well entertained by a variety of speakers not least our own Arthur Attle, but also Bill and Margaret Stephens and John Thompson. Peter Gennard provided a very able substitute for Peter Reece. He showed an excellent selection of images which were a very creditable illustration of where Amateur Photography is at the moment.
I applaud Tony and John’s experiment in projecting images of the prints as they were being judged on the 3rd. My concern here is the workload that committee members are taking on. I am well aware of the work some members do routinely and without complaint, and feel that any increase should me carefully considered. While I am addressing this subject can I urge committee members to try to involve all members in the routine tasks of running Thursday nights. A gentle request to people standing about before or after meetings to help move tables or chairs would not come amiss. These routine tasks need not be the sole province of the committee.
Alan Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment